Border International is all things trucks. We know heavy-duty trucks, have the best selection of new and used work trucks, provide a high level of customer satisfaction for service, parts, and we are locally owned and operated.
Would you like to join a winning team? Border International is in need of a Medium/Heavy-Duty Truck Technician!!!
The Medium/Heavy-Duty Truck Technician will be responsible for repairing and maintaining diesel and gasoline engine industrial trucks according to dealership and factory specifications.
Job Type: Full-Time / Las Cruces, NM
Pay: FLAT-RATE - the employee is paid per job instead of a salary or per hour.
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnoses the cause of any malfunction and performs repair.
- Communicates with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Saves and tags parts of the job if under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Examines assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended.
- Communicates with service advisor/dispatcher immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time.
- Documents all work performed and recommended on the repair order.
- Road tests vehicles when required.
- Participates in manufacturer-sponsored training programs, schools, and events.
- Keeps abreast of manufacturer technical bulletins.
- Supervises work of any apprentice technicians as assigned.
- Reports machinery defects or malfunctions to supervisor.
- Ensures that the vehicle is kept clean. Notifies service advisor/dispatcher immediately of anything that has happened to change the appearance or condition of the vehicle.
- Keeps shop area neat and clean.
- Maintains and is accountable for all dealership-owned tools and manuals. Returns them to the proper place and in the same condition as when they were received.
- Understands, keeps abreast of and complies with federal, state, and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education & Experience:
- College or Technical school training.
- Two to four years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Driver License and one or more of the following are REQUIRED:
- Freightliner Truck Certification.
- Detroit Diesel Engine Certification.
- Caterpillar Engine Certification.
- Certified Texas State Inspector – Commercial Vehicle Endorsement.
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Only full-time employees eligible.
*** The family of Border International strives to set the standard for Commercial Truck Dealers in the Southwest. ***