YOUR LOCAL TIRE EXPERTS
Border Tire is all things tire. We are a Michelin Commercial Service Network Dealer (MCSN) specializing in medium-duty, heavy-duty, agricultural, and industrial-size tires. We carry a wide variety of brands to meet your needs.
Join the Border Tire team!!! Border Tire is hiring Tire Technicians in Lakeside, CA!
A Tire Technician is responsible for inspecting and repairing truck and trailer tires to ensure efficient operation and compliance.
Repair’s truck and trailer tires to ensure efficient operation and compliance by performing the following
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Border Recapping, LLC unilaterally may change the
requirements of this job description at any time. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be
able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. These include, but are not limited to, the following:• Inspects truck/trailer tires for excessive wear, bulges, cuts, and damaged tread.
• Repair tires with minor malfunctions.
• Properly secure vehicle to lift to ensure safe operation.
• Unbolt wheels from vehicles and remove them, using lug wrenches and other hand and power
• Properly dismount and remount tires and wheels securely on the vehicle.
• Repair or replace tires on light, medium, and heavy-duty trucks.
• Responsible for proper installation of wheels and tires, balancing wheels, and checking for
• Maintains all inventories and tire equipment.
• Reassemble tires onto wheels.
• Prepare rims and wheel drums for reassembly by scraping, grinding, or sandblasting.
• Disposes of damaged/old tires in accordance with state regulations.
• Ensures tires are functioning properly and within the Department of Transportation and
Occupational Safety and Health Act Compliance.
• Safely operates all tools and equipment.
• Reports any safety issues immediately to management.
• Keeps shop area neat and clean.
• Assist mechanics and perform other duties as directed.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and
activities may change at any time with or without notice. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (includes education, skills, and experience) The requiremen
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (includes education, skills, and experience) The requirements listed below
are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean MVR record.
• Must be a self-starter and be willing to take initiative.
• Willing and able to work without direct supervision.
• 2+ years related experience in the commercial tire industry.
• Must have strong mechanical skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Stand for long periods of time which may include heavy lifting, including commercial tires and
wheels, standing, bending, and squatting.
• The candidate will need to be able to lift 75lbs +, carry 50lbs+, and push/pull 60lbs.
• Steel-toed footwear and safety glasses are required in the shop.
• Ability to mount or dismount tires/wheel assemblies.
• Repetitive movement of hands, arms, and legs.
*** We are available when you need us most: 24 hours a day / 7 days a week / 365 days a year. ***