YOUR LOCAL TIRE EXPERTS
Border Tire is all things tire. We are a Michelin Commercial Service Network Dealer (MCSN) specializing in medium-duty, heavy-duty, agricultural, and industrial-size tires. We carry a wide variety of brands to meet your needs.
Join the Border Tire team!!! Border Tire is hiring an OTR Tire Technician in Phoenix, AZ!
The Tire Technician repairs truck and trailer tires to ensure efficient operation and compliance by performing the following duties.
- Inspects truck/trailer tires for excessive wear, bulges, cuts, and damaged tread.
- Repair tires with minor malfunctions.
- Properly secure vehicle to lift to ensure safe operation.
- Unbolt wheels from vehicles and remove them, using lug wrenches and other hand and power tools.
- Properly dismount and remount tires and wheels securely on the vehicle.
- Repair or replace tires on light, medium, and heavy-duty trucks.
- Responsible for proper installation of wheels and tires, balancing wheels, and checking for correct fit.
- Maintains all inventories and tire equipment.
- Reassemble tires onto wheels.
- Prepare rims and wheel drums for reassembly by scraping, grinding, or sandblasting.
- Disposes of damaged/old tires in accordance with state regulations.
- Ensures tires are functioning properly and within the Department of Transportation and Occupational Safety and Health Act Compliance.
- Safely operates all tools and equipment while working in a hazardous environment (around vehicles, moving parts, power tools, commercial tires, etc.)
- Reports any safety issues immediately to management.
- Keeps shop area neat and clean.
- Assist mechanics and perform other duties as directed.
- Must have a current, valid driver's license for the state in which the employee performs his or her driving duties.
- Must maintain a clean driving record, i.e., must remain insurable under our company's liability insurance policy (safety-sensitive position).
- Technicians will be placed in the “on-call” rotation. The schedule is generally posted at the beginning of every month, schedule is subject to change based on business needs and staff requirements.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean MVR record.
- Must be a self-starter and be willing to take initiative.
- Willing and able to work without direct supervision.
- 2+ years related experience in the commercial tire industry.
- Must have strong mechanical skills.
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Only full-time employees are eligible.
*** We are available when you need us most: 24 hours a day / 7 days a week / 365 days a year. ***