Mesilla Valley Transportation began in 1982 as a small independent fleet in the Southwest. In the late ’80s, MVT went through a controlled growth spurt and began to encompass the 48 connected states and Canada.
Today, Mesilla Valley Transportation is one of the largest locally-owned Truck Load carriers in the U.S. We specialize in time-sensitive service between major manufacturing areas within the U.S., Canada, and Mexico borders.
Join the MVT Family!!! Mesilla Valley Transportation is hiring a Pricing Analyst in El Paso, TX!
The Pricing Analyst synthesizes complex or diverse information. Collects and researches data. Uses intuition and experience to complement data. Works on projects/matters of moderate complexity.
Key measures of success include:
- Synthesize complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Demonstrates attention to detail, identifying and solving problems in a timely manner.
- Gather and analyze information and develop alternative solutions.
- Analyze bid packages and complex data to evaluate pricing strategies.
- Collaborate with national account personnel to develop pricing strategies for each business opportunity.
- Analyze bid opportunities with market data and internal data to generate competitive and accurate ratings of freight lanes.
- Review rates prior to submission to assure marketability and customer requirements are met.
- Assure bid packages are submitted to customers with all required components by the deadline.
- Follow up with national account personnel and/or customers and document to determine success/failures on opportunities.
- Review bid results and analyze factors affecting awards.
- Respond as needed to e-mails received in the Pricing queue.
- Work with other pricing analysts and pricing administration on a daily basis.
- Work with other MVT departments regarding pricing including OPS and the Sales team.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Efficient in Microsoft Office.
- Microsoft Excel functions including pivot tables, VLOOKUP, and if statements.
- Analytical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Superb interpersonal skills fostering a positive work environment.
- Adaptable to change.
- Desire to learn and grow.
- Professional demeanor.
- Good organizational skills.
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Only full-time employees are eligible.
“Where family, careers, and success come together!”