Mesilla Valley Transportation began in 1982 as a small independent fleet in the Southwest. In the late ’80s, MVT went through a controlled growth spurt and began to encompass the 48 connected states and Canada.
Today, Mesilla Valley Transportation is one of the largest locally-owned Truck Load carriers in the U.S. We specialize in time-sensitive service between major manufacturing areas within the U.S., Canada, and Mexico borders.
Join the MVT family!!! Mesilla Valley Transportation is hiring a HOS (Hours of Service) Auditor in El Paso, TX!
The HOS (Hours of Service) Auditor is responsible for monitoring hours of service and driver behavior to ensure compliance with FMCSR regulations.
- Update driver profiles on electronic log devices.
- Answer questions related to training on rules and regulations and electronic log device use.
- Maintain complete and up-to-date records pertaining to Company Policy and DOT Compliance and serve as backup to Safety Clerk I.
- Assist with preparing and reviewing routine documents, HOS, Driver’s credentials, and permit books for departure.
- Preparation of basic documents, memoranda, forms, and certificates including gate passes, and schedules for any informational material as required meeting assigned duties.
- Greet and assist drivers, staff, and management in person and over the telephone in a professional manner with proper telephone etiquette using a multi-line telephone system.
- Respond to inquiries, take messages, and forward inquiries to the appropriate personnel.
- Assist in drug and alcohol program, collecting specimens and breath and alcohol analysis.
- Update and maintain workstations. Assist in the maintenance and organization of department operational procedures.
- Review and enter data, maintain records and files, databases, and record-keeping sources like paper logs and supporting documentation for electronic log devices.
- Review and verification of emails, routine documentation review and data entry, establishment and maintenance of filing system and reports pertaining to Part 395.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with drivers, staff, coworkers, subordinates, vendors, the public, and other government agencies.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent (Required).
- Three to Five years related experience and/or training (Preferred).
- Understanding of FMCSA regulations pertaining to Part 395 Hours of Service.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work over 8 hours per day and a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Only full-time employees are eligible.
“Where family, careers, and success come together!”