Border International provides quality service from start to finish with our fully equipped mobile service trucks and our certified technicians. We have the latest in work truck diagnostics software, OEM parts, and commercial truck repair technologies for a professional job done right.
Come join our Team!!! Border International is now hiring a Service Advisor in El Paso, TX!
A Service Advisor greets customers and listens to their description of the problems or service needed, determines the type of service required, and prepares repair orders. If a vehicle requires additional repairs not covered in the original order, they estimate the additional cost and telephone the customer for permission to do the work, they also advise customers on other available services.
Training Schedule: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Schedule After Training: 11:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Advises customers about necessary services for routine maintenance.
- Helps identify a mechanical problem by questioning the customer or doing a visual inspection or road test.
- Confers with customers about inspection results, recommend corrective procedures, and prepare a work order for needed repairs.
- Prepares a repair order showing time, cost, and labor estimates for service.
- Writes a brief description of the customer's concern on the repair order to help the technician locate the problem.
- Explains the work performed and the repair order charges to the customer.
- Handles customer complaints.
- Schedules service appointments. Obtains customer and vehicle data prior to arrival when possible.
- Greets customers in a timely, friendly manner and obtains vehicle information.
- Test drives the vehicle with the customer as needed to confirm the problem or refer to the test technician.
- Refers to service history, inspects vehicle, and recommends additional needed service.
- Advises customers on the care of their vehicles and the value of maintaining their vehicles in accordance with manufacturers' specifications.
- Provides a complete and accurate written cost estimate for labor and parts.
- Establishes “promised time.” Checks with the technician, if necessary.
- Obtains customer's signature on repair order; provides the customer with a copy.
- Establishes customer's method of payment. Obtains credit approval, if necessary.
- Notifies dispatcher of incoming work.
- Checks on the progress of repair throughout the day. Contacts customers regarding any changes in the estimate or promised time, explains cost and time requirements in detail and gets proper authorization before any additional repairs are performed.
- Implements and maintains a service marketing program.
- Reviews repair orders to ensure that work is completed, and additional work and authorization is noted. Closes repair order as appropriate.
- Ensures that vehicles are parked in assigned areas. Makes sure they are locked, and all keys are marked and put away correctly.
- Keeps service department forms, menus, and pricing guide up to date.
- Implements a quality control process to eliminate comebacks.
- Maintains high customer satisfaction standards.
- Handles telephone inquiries regarding appointments and work in process.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Keeps work area clean.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three or more years of Service (Shop) related experience.
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certification
- Manufacturer Training
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Only full-time employees are eligible.
*** The family of Border International strives to set the standard for Commercial Truck Dealers in the Southwest. ***