MVT Logistics is an industry leader in cross-border and multi-modal transportation solutions. MVT Logistics provides domestic truckload, cross the border, into Mexico, and multi-modal services across the United States, Canada, and Mexico. With extensive knowledge of Mexico and cross-border operations, crossing 300 plus loads per day with assets and brokerage.
Do you thrive in a fast-paced, environment? Do you enjoy building new relationships?
As a 2022 Intern within our team, you will partner with our successful team of Account Executives, you will sell brokerage services to new and existing customers, focusing on your personal sales targets, and carrier development.
- Identify carrier networks, negotiate rates, and ensure freight gets delivered.
- Participate in a mentorship program that drives your success professionally and personally.
- Identify and develop leads through MVT Logistics sources to secure sales and load volume to meet/exceed goals.
- Grow business with current carriers in alignment with account growth strategy plans and market demands, as well as identifying, prospecting, and generating new carriers through analysis and discovery.
- Manage and build strong relationships with carriers.
- Be able to sell available lanes to new and existing carriers.
- Handle freight pickup, transit, and drop-off to ensure on-time delivery.
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of the industry, including rates, carriers, load capacities, equipment types, etc.
- Follow established procedures regarding all loads to ensure the integrity of the shipment.
- Update internal tracking and reporting systems throughout the day to maintain accuracy.
- Determine to price, both strategic and transactional.
- Enter and maintain new customer/carrier profiles in the appropriate operating systems.
- Access and assign the most cost-. effective mode of transportation relative to the service requirements of the shipment.
- Communicate service issues to customers or management.
- Demonstrate ownership of assigned segments of the business.
- Ensure carrier performance meets customer expectations.
- Act as point of contact for carrier and customer.
- Graduate from college between December 2022 & July 2023
- Desire to work in Supply Chain Management