NEW MEXICO'S FIRST - Rio Valley Biofuels, LLC was the first commercial producer of biodiesel in the Southwest. We distribute biodiesel as well as diesel fuels and gasoline in Texas, New Mexico, and the surrounding states. Our feedstocks include a large variety of lipid oil sources including used cooking oil, crude cottonseed, tallow, sunflower, canola, soy, and a number of others.
Get your career started with RVBT!!! Rio Valley Biofuel Transportation is a Mechanic in El Paso, Texas!
The Mechanic will be responsible for repairs and the maintenance of heavy machinery according to company and factory specifications. To include tractors, trailers, and light, medium, and heavy-duty vehicles.
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with applicable standards.
- Diagnoses the cause of any malfunction and performs repairs.
- Saves and tags parts of the job if under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Examines assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended.
- Communicates with Director of Operations/Lead Mechanic Maintenance Manager/Maintenance Coordinator immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time.
- Documents all work performed and recommended on the repair order.
- Participates in manufacturer-sponsored training programs, schools, and events.
- Keeps abreast of manufacturer technical bulletins.
- Report machinery defects or malfunctions to Lead Mechanic.
- Ensures that vehicle is kept clean. Notifies service Director of Operations/Lead Mechanic immediately of anything that has happened to change the appearance or condition of the vehicle.
- Keeps shop area neat and clean.
- Maintains and is accountable for all company-owned tools and manuals.
- Returns them to the proper place and in the same condition as when they were received.
- Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- College or Technical school training.
- Two to four year’s related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of state and local regulatory compliance.
- Must have troubleshooting skills, electrical and ECM troubleshooting, diesel engine expertise.
- Must provide personal tools to be determined upon hire.
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Only full-time employees eligible.
“Our number one priority is SAFETY.”