Mesilla Valley Transportation began in 1982 as a small independent fleet in the Southwest. In the late ’80s, MVT went through a controlled growth spurt and began to encompass the 48 connected states and Canada.
Today, Mesilla Valley Transportation is one of the largest locally-owned Truck Load carriers in the U.S. We specialize in time-sensitive service between major manufacturing areas within the U.S., Canada, and Mexico borders.
Join the MVT family!!! Mesilla Valley Transportation is hiring an HR Manager! This position can be located in El Paso, TX or Las Cruces, NM!
The Human Resources Manager is a valued member of the leadership team, reporting directly to the Executive HR Director. As a trusted business partner, the HR Manager will drive results and support business objectives.
The ideal candidate must have a thorough understanding of the unique challenges in the trucking industry.
- Responsible for providing day-to-day support regarding Human Resources and Recruiting.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which will include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants; collaborates with all management and supervisory staff to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Coaches and leads the Human Resources team in pursuit of organizational goals, setting direction, priorities, and metrics to drive the business.
- Ensures that all personnel records are maintained.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- 10 years of progressive Human Resources experience preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of employment law and regulatory compliance issues.
- Knowledge of DOT Rules and Regulations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand business operations from a strategic and tactical perspective.