NEW MEXICO’S FIRST – Rio Valley Biofuels, LLC was the first commercial producer of biodiesel in the Southwest. We distribute biodiesel as well as diesel fuels and gasoline in Texas, New Mexico, and the surrounding states. Our feedstocks include a large variety of lipid oil sources including used cooking oil, crude cottonseed, tallow, sunflower, canola, soy, and a number of others.
We Are Environmentally Friendly:
- We use all processes possible to eliminate environmental waste.
- Our process for making biodiesel produces ZERO hazardous waste.
- We recycle all our coproducts in efficient and profitable ways.
Get your career started with RVB!!! Rio Valley Biofuels is in need of Laboratory Technician Assistants!
A Laboratory Technician Assistant supports Scientists and Researchers in conducting various tests and experiments. Their main duties include preparing test samples, keeping lab records, and documenting test findings.
Schedule: 12-hour rotating shifts (Days/Nights Vary)
Days: 7:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m. Nights: 7:00 p.m. - 7:30 a.m.
- Perform and schedule In-process sample pulling.
- General Lab Housekeeping.
- Maintenance, storage, and disposal of retained samples, lab waste, and production chemicals.
- Ability to work a 10-hour rotating shift.
- Hourly In-process sample pulling.
- Cleaning lab glassware, wiping down workstations and equipment.
- Restocking lab supplies.
- Weekly rotation of retained samples from workstation to shelf.
- Monthly rotation and disposal of retained samples.
- Ensures that the lab is organized and kept clean at all times.
- Wear all PPE required for the job and comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Maintain a clean and organized lab.
- Maintain all lab equipment in proper working order and troubleshoot as necessary.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance and attend required training as scheduled.
- Work overtime and scheduled hours as assigned.
- Work in cold/hot/dusty/loud environment.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Must be proficient in the English language (speak, read, write).
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Must be self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Accurate keyboarding and data entry.
- Proficiency in computer usage (Excel, Word, E-mail.)
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Only full-time employees are eligible.
“Our number one priority is SAFETY.”