Sonoma Ranch Golf Course offers golf enthusiasts of all skill levels the opportunity to play a course designed to celebrate golf’s true spirit. Located at the foothills of the majestic Organ Mountains in Las Cruces, New Mexico, Sonoma Ranch is an 18-hole course made to challenge and excite those who love the game of golf. The combination of links-style and prairie dune features provides an unparalleled golfing experience for those visiting the Southwest.
Join the Sonoma Ranch Golf Course crew!!! Sonoma Ranch Golf Course is hiring a Maintenance Landscaper in Las Cruces, New Mexico!
The Landscaper’s duty is to maintain grounds of property using hand or power tools or equipment. Workers typically perform a variety of tasks, which may include any combination of the following: sod laying, mowing, trimming, planting, watering, fertilizing and/or pesticide applications, digging, raking, and sprinkler installation.
- Decorate gardens with stones or plants.
- Use hand tools, such as shovels, rakes, pruning saws, saws, hedges or brush trimmers, or axes.
- Operate vehicles or powered equipment, such as mowers, tractors, twin-axle vehicles, snow blowers, chain-saws, electric clippers, sod cutters, or pruning saws.
- Water lawns, trees, or plants, using portable sprinkler systems, hoses, or watering cans.
- Prune or trim trees, shrubs, or hedges, using shears, pruners, or chain saws.
- Mix and spray or spread fertilizers, herbicides, or insecticides onto grass, shrubs, or trees, using hand or automatic sprayers or spreaders.
- Care for established lawns by mulching, aerating, weeding, grubbing, removing thatch, or trimming or edging around flower beds, walks, or walls.
- Follow planned landscaping designs to determine where to lay sod, sow grass, or plant flowers or foliage.
- Trim or pick flowers and clean flower beds.
- Attach wires from planted trees to support stakes.
- Plant seeds, bulbs, foliage, flowering plants, grass, ground covers, trees, or shrubs and apply mulch for protection, using gardening tools.
- Mow or edge lawns, using power mowers or edgers.
- Rake, mulch, and compost leaves.
- Gather and remove litter.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Active Learning Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Active Listening Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Learning Strategies Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Mathematics Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Monitoring/Assessing the performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Reading Comprehension Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Science Using scientific rules and methods to solve problems.
- Speaking Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Only full-time employees eligible.
"The best place to test your athletic excellence & make memories with your golf buddies."