Mesilla Valley Transportation began in 1982 as a small independent fleet in the Southwest. In the late ’80s, MVT went through a controlled growth spurt and began to encompass the 48 connected states and Canada.
Today, Mesilla Valley Transportation is one of the largest locally-owned Truck Load carriers in the U.S. We specialize in time-sensitive service between major manufacturing areas within the U.S., Canada, and Mexico borders.
Join the MVT family!!! Mesilla Valley Transportation is hiring a Road Tester in Nashville, TN!
The Road Tester escorts or transports drivers to and from orientation and conducts road tests to determine a driver’s qualifications and abilities by performing the following duties.
Key measures of success include:
- Follows instructions and responds to management directions.
- Identifies and resolves problems/tasks in a timely manner.
- Be recognized by team, peers, and management as a key supporter.
Schedule: Monday – Friday (7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.) & Weekend Availability
- Knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Perform road test for Company, B1 and Visa Drivers.
- Observe driving techniques in highway and urban driving conditions and parking areas.
- Observe and report drivers’ actions during their road test.
- Ability to remain calm, alert, and cope with stresses of traffic.
- Ability to take control of a situation and/or the vehicle as needed.
- Ensure the company safety rules are always followed during operating equipment while under their supervision.
- Record results of road tests.
- Perform other duties as needed or directed by supervisors.
- High School Diploma or General Degree (GED) and 1 to 3 months related experience and/or training: an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possesses a current Class A CDL or has past driving experience requiring a Class A CDL.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Only full-time employees are eligible.
“Where family, careers, and success come together!”