NEW MEXICO'S FIRST - Rio Valley Biofuels, LLC was the first commercial producer of biodiesel in the Southwest. We distribute biodiesel as well as diesel fuels and gasoline in Texas, New Mexico, and the surrounding states. Our feedstocks include a large variety of lipid oil sources including used cooking oil, crude cottonseed, tallow, sunflower, canola, soy, and a number of others.
We Are Environmentally Friendly:
- We use all processes possible to eliminate environmental waste.
- Our process for making biodiesel produces ZERO hazardous waste.
- We recycle all our coproducts in efficient and profitable ways.
Get your career started with RVB!!! Rio Valley Biofuels is hiring a Maintenance Supervisor in El Paso, TX!
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for assisting in maintaining a safe and healthy environment for all employees by adhering to all safety/regulatory procedures and by reporting and correcting unsafe conditions when observed.
- Responsible for providing leadership to maintenance team members.
- Responsible for leading members to perform maintenance work in a manner that improves equipment reliability and ensures that all PSM and employee safety standards are met.
- Will assist Maintenance Manager in the implementation of Maintenance Excellence objects, oversee scheduling of work, and lead continuous improvement projects.
- Responsible for complying with all safety standards or rules set forth by the Company.
- Lead maintenance team in the solution of issues that impact productivity, equipment safety, and employee safety using work requests, work orders, and training.
- Follow-up on work completed, evaluating the timelines of accuracy of work to address issues as needed.
- Direct further development of spare parts inventory processes, participate in cycle counts, and continuously evaluate inventory levels to ensure critical spare parts are promptly available without excessive quantities.
- Regularly assess conditions and performance at each facility and develop plans to address any issues in cooperation with plant leadership.
- Lead the maintenance team to understand and maintain an audit-ready status.
- Ensure constant regulatory compliance through action plans and effective trainings (OSHA, EPA, PSM, etc.).
- Provide coaching and feedback to maintenance team members, helping to improve technical proficiency.
- Perform incident investigations and file written reports for safety programs and/or HR personnel cases.
- Administer documented corrective actions in accordance with plant policies and consistent practices.
- Comply with and support manufacturing practices, safety protocols, and PSM programs.
- Assist the Maintenance Manager in the development of a Total Production Maintenance Culture Support.
- Contributes to a healthy and safe work environment by following all workplace regulations, policies, and initiatives, including reporting all first aid injuries, accidents, and workplace hazards.
- Provide guidance and resources to maintenance team members to complete tasks as scheduled.
- Ensure that preventive maintenance tasks are in place for all assets, that they are effective, and that the work done is documented to enable the development of key performance indicators for the department.
- Work with the Purchasing Agent to continually improve availability of parts and minimize expedite costs and equipment downtime.
- Lead maintenance in root cause analysis and develop work procedures to minimize or eliminate problems.
- Other duties may be assigned by management.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Maintenance Supervising and or a bachelor’s degree in industrial or mechanical engineering.
- Understanding of mechanical and electrical systems and controls.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English fluently.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate efficiently with external & internal customers.
- Ability to remain flexible in a dynamic, growing work environment.
- Excellent presentation, organizational, time management, and analytical skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Computerized Maintenance System (CMMS).
- Knowledge of computerized drafting skills (Preferred).
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Only full-time employees are eligible.
“Our number one priority is SAFETY.”