NEW MEXICO'S FIRST - Rio Valley Biofuels, LLC was the first commercial producer of biodiesel in the Southwest. We distribute biodiesel as well as diesel fuels and gasoline in Texas, New Mexico, and the surrounding states. Our feedstocks include a large variety of lipid oil sources including used cooking oil, crude cottonseed, tallow, sunflower, canola, soy, and a number of others.
Get your career started with RVBT!!! Rio Valley Biofuels Transportation is hiring a Safety Training Manager in El Paso, TX!
The Safety Training Manager is responsible for administering and auditing safety and compliance processes and procedures as set forth by the Safety Department to ensure compliance with Federal, State, and Company regulations.
- Lead key projects with R&D to support business goals.
- Ensuring compliance with state and federal regulations regarding
- Coaching drivers and field management on all FMCSA regulations, accident
prevention, and safety/compliance management processes.
- Auditing all safety and compliance processes.
- Conducting new hire orientation and continual training for drivers and field
- Partnering with Operations Management on all matters that might affect the safe operation of the fleet and staff.
- Ensure vehicle inspection hands-on training is completed with every driver.
- Proficient in DOT FMCSA Hours of Service Rules.
- Ensure all drivers are trained in accident prevention.
- Follow up with drivers as necessary to achieve optimal results for effectiveness.
- Promote and educate employees on safety culture, educate proper safe work habits and processes/procedures.
- Ensure all managers are trained in the safety/compliance reporting process, and in the operation of all technology provided for monitoring and reporting.
- Responsible for providing support to the Safety & Training and Compliance departmental goals and objectives.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting for proper use of fleet-installed safety technologies with driving staff and other departments.
- Document training sessions in various company systems and file training documents into driver employee files.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Attend required training as scheduled.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Associate degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school and/or equivalent combination of education and experience in the transportation Industry.
- Three years or more experience in DOT/FMCSA CDL-A driver training (Preferred).
- Ability to speak and present findings to small groups.
- Knowledge of DOT regulations.
- Ability to generate reports and interpret data.
- Previous experience in personnel development and safety training.
- Working knowledge of Hours of Service and vehicle & control systems.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English fluently.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate efficiently with external & internal customers.
- Ability to remain flexible in a dynamic, growing work environment.
- Excellent presentation, organizational, time management, and analytical skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks to prioritize and expedite tasks upon request.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills, ability to anticipate,
identify and resolve problem areas before they become exacerbated.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with peers within a team environment.
- Fuel Experience is a plus.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and related software.
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Only full-time employees eligible.
"We pride ourselves on SAFETY."