Mesilla Valley Transportation began in 1982 as a small independent fleet in the Southwest. In the late ’80s, MVT went through a controlled growth spurt and began to encompass the 48 connected states and Canada.
Today, Mesilla Valley Transportation is one of the largest locally-owned Truck Load carriers in the U.S. We specialize in time-sensitive service between major manufacturing areas in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico borders.
Join the MVT Family!!! Mesilla Valley Transportation is now hiring a Quality Assurance Technician at our office in El Paso, TX!!
A Quality Assurance Technician performs tasks and provides services to support the company’s production goals, overall business plans, and objectives as directed. Ensures that best practices and work standards are upheld for work completed by the Technical Support and Maintenance team.
- Complies with established job safety practices, policies, and procedures as specified in corporate directives for the safe performance of the work assignment.
- Conducts inspection of resolved technical support cases to verify quality standards meet that of the Director of Technical Support and Maintenance.
- Advises management when inspection results do not meet quality standards.
- Performs record-keeping duties as required under the direction of management.
- Communicates pertinent information to the next shift.
- May perform other supervisor's duties as assigned for break relief.
- May be required to go to the customer(s) to deliver equipment, mileage will be reimbursed.
- Initiates, reviews, and follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the area of responsibility.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes the ability to handle stress and interact with others to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
- Required to work assigned schedule, working hours may vary as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime and/or be on call as directed by management.
- Recognizes waste streams and minimizes waste generation, through prudent use of materials, personnel, and systems.
- Job-related experience in technical support or quality assurance role for the 1-year minimum.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: basic nomenclature of all IT equipment and products.
- Ability to apply standard evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard quality control techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct as outlined in the MVT company manuals.
- Ability to cultivate an understanding of the operating principles of all assigned software.
- Ability to identify product defects using appropriate inspection procedures.
- Ability to learn customer specifications.
- Ability to use charts and graphs.
- Ability to operate and functionally use a computer.
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills.
- Must wear appropriate supplied safety gear, clothing, and footwear in appropriate areas and follow safety practices.
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Only full-time employees are eligible.
“Where family, careers, and success come together!”