Mesilla Valley Transportation began in 1982 as a small independent fleet in the Southwest. In the late ’80s, MVT went through a controlled growth spurt and began to encompass the 48 connected states and Canada.
Today, Mesilla Valley Transportation is one of the largest locally-owned Truck Load carriers in the U.S. We specialize in time-sensitive service between major manufacturing areas in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico borders.
Come join the MVT family!!! MVT is now hiring for an Inventory Technician in El Paso, TX!
The Inventory Technician is responsible for assuring proper control of our information technology departments inventory and performing all related administrative functions.
- Update inventory count and maintain inventory records to share with management.
- Research/report any discrepancies with inventory.
- Ensure Inventory is stored properly, organized to conserve space and securely.
- Keep branch Site inventory updated (may require travel).
- Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment compares information to asset management, counts, and outgoing shipments to verify information, orders, or other records.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items.
- Inventory newly arrived Items confirm serial numbers.
- Register New Items for warranty services.
- Routes items to departments.
- May direct others in preparing outgoing and receiving incoming shipments.
- Use a computer to update Inventory assets management.
- Track shipments as needed.
- Oversee the rotations of inventories within the warehouse as needed.
- Random inventory audits on equipment at various sites.
- Support and govern Hardware Asset and Software License Management Process
- Prepare reports on Hardware and Software Licenses.
- Ensure accurate and timely response to user requests within SLA.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years of related experience and/or training in a warehouse environment and inventory control.
- Computer literacy required, prefer knowledge of MS Office.
- Ability to effectively communicate with management and team members.
- Perform basic math functions.
- Ability to work independently or within a team environment.
- Ability to perform tasks under pressure, and within a deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to handle detail-oriented work.
- Fluency in English required, verbal and written. (Bilingual Preferred)
- Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or scheduled form.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Only full-time employees are eligible.
“Where family, careers, and success come together!”