Mesilla Valley Transportation began in 1982 as a small independent fleet in the Southwest. In the late ’80s, MVT went through a controlled growth spurt and began to encompass the 48 connected states and Canada.
Today, Mesilla Valley Transportation is one of the largest locally-owned Truck Load carriers in the U.S. We specialize in time-sensitive service between major manufacturing areas within the U.S., Canada, and Mexico borders.
Join the MVT family!!! MVT is now hiring a Safety Coordinator in Laredo, TX!
The Safety Coordinator is responsible for administering and auditing safety and compliance processes and procedures as set forth by the Safety Department to ensure compliance with Federal, State, and Company regulations.
- Reviews CDLs, DOT physicals, MVRs and DQ files on a random basis.
- Working knowledge of FMCSA Hours of Service (Par 395) regulations.
- Prepares statistical data and compiles records and reports for management, which includes maintaining and updating various spreadsheets.
- Performs audits of scanned Driver Qualifications (DQ)files.
- Continuous updating of driver profiles.
- Provides continuous training on HOS regulations to all drivers.
- Provides selected driver audits.
- Shift supervision of HOS audits (approval/denial) as required.
- Auditing e-logs (manual) for log/roadside inspections compliance.
- Monitor, Assign, and Deactivate drivers assigned to use e-logs.
- Audit missing logs and unknown logs submitted to RAIR for auditing.
- Communicate with drivers about company policy regarding moving violations and HOS violations.
- Provide resource information to Operations, Shop, and HR regarding FMCSA-related issues to ensure continuous compliance with regulations.
- After hours reviews of counseling drivers regarding HOS violations and CSA reviews.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Associated degree; or at least two years related experience and/or training: equivalent combination of educations and experience.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong technical skills.
- Proficient communicator.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and related software.
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Only full-time employees are eligible.
“Where family, careers, and success come together!”