Mesilla Valley Transportation began in 1982 as a small independent fleet in the Southwest. In the late ’80s, MVT went through a controlled growth spurt and began to encompass the 48 connected states and Canada.
Today, Mesilla Valley Transportation is one of the largest locally-owned Truck Load carriers in the U.S. We specialize in time-sensitive service between major manufacturing areas in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico borders.
Come join the MVT family!!! Mesilla Valley is now hiring a Cook in El Paso, TX!
The Cook prepares, seasons, and cooks soups, meats, vegetables, desserts, and other food for consumption, and serves customers at the MVT Grill by performing the following duties.
Key measures of success include:
- Follows instructions, responds to management directions
- Identifies and resolves problems/tasks in a timely manner
- Be recognized by the team, peers, and management as a key supporter
- Cleans food preparation areas, cooking surfaces, and utensils.
- Cooks the exact number of items ordered by each customer, working on several different orders simultaneously.
- Maintains sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas.
- Cleans, stocks, and restocks workstations and display cases for dining, and kitchen area, and takes out trash.
- Measures ingredients required for specific food items being prepared.
- Operates large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat fryers, or griddles.
- Pre-cooks items such as meats, in order to prepare them for later use.
- Prepares and serves coffee beverage area, washes, cuts, and prepares foods designated for cooking.
- Prepares specialty foods such as fish and chips, sandwiches, and tacos, following specific methods that usually require a short preparation time.
- Reads food order slips or receives verbal instructions as to food required by patron, and prepares and cooks food according to instructions.
- Verifies that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity.
- Adjusts thermostat controls to regulate the temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roasters, and steam kettles.
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to the recipe to prepare soups, salads, gravies, pancakes, sauces, and casseroles.
- Bakes, roasts, broils and steams meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods. Adds seasoning to foods during cooking.
- Observes and test foods being cooked by tasting, smelling, and piercing with a fork to determine that it is cooked.
- Carves meats, portions food on serving plates, adds gravies and sauces, and garnishes servings to fill orders.
- Butchers chickens, fish, and shellfish, cuts, trims, and bones meat prior to cooking, prepares dough, following recipe.
- Schedule activities and equipment use with managers, using information about daily menus to help coordinate cooking times.
- Serve orders to customers at counters, takes food and drink orders, and receive payment from customers.
- Ensures payroll deduction forms are filled out correctly.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to operate the cash register, credit card machine, and TCH machine.
- Experience and understanding of preparing food and cooking.
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Only full-time employees are eligible.
“Where family, careers, and success come together!”