Mesilla Valley Transportation began in 1982 as a small independent fleet in the Southwest. In the late ’80s, MVT went through a controlled growth spurt and began to encompass the 48 connected states and Canada.
Today, Mesilla Valley Transportation is one of the largest locally-owned Truck Load carriers in the U.S. We specialize in time-sensitive service between major manufacturing areas in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico borders.
Come join the MVT family!!! MVT is now hiring for a Network Administrator in El Paso, TX!
The Network Administrator's role is to ensure the stable operation of the infrastructure networks. This individual will also analyze and resolve end-user hardware and software computer problems related to network problems.
- Installing and configuring network equipment to update or fix hardware or software issues.
- Monitor maintain enterprise networks consisting of multiple companies. · Design computer network architecture and develop detailed network infrastructure designs.
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols.
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
- Ensure that the company knows as much as possible, as quickly as possible about security incidents, network plans, and emergency outages.
- Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes, and propositions for further network enhancement.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Performs periodic network firmware upgrades.
- Provides second-level technical support to users concerning network system operations.
- Diagnoses problems with network equipment and performs equipment repair or upgrades when appropriate.
- Installs configures and maintains multi-user software to be accessed from file servers.
- Administer and maintain technical support accounts, permissions, and access rights to network infrastructure.
- Installs configures and maintains network cabling and other networking equipment such as firewalls, switches, and access points.
- Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of network-connected end-user hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Orders licenses, hardware, and other supplies as required for the institutional computer network, personal computers, and computer labs.
- Assist with management and training of Jr. Network Administrator(s).
- Assist with training of Help Desk Support Team members.
- Other duties may be assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Six months to one year of relevant experience is required.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong technical skills.
- Proficient communicator.
- Some travel will be required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and related software.
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Only full-time employees are eligible.
“Where family, careers, and success come together!”