Mesilla Valley Transportation began in 1982 as a small independent fleet in the Southwest. In the late ’80s, MVT went through a controlled growth spurt and began to encompass the 48 connected states and Canada.
Today, Mesilla Valley Transportation is one of the largest locally-owned Truck Load carriers in the U.S. We specialize in time-sensitive service between major manufacturing areas within the U.S., Canada, and Mexico borders.
Join the MVT family!!! Mesilla Valley Transportation is hiring an Accounting Clerk in Las Cruces, NM.
An Accounting Clerk compiles data and prepares invoices and bills by performing the following duties.
Key measures of success include:
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data.
- Demonstrates attention to detail, Identifying and solving problems in a timely manner.
- Gather and analyze information and develop alternative solutions.
- Reviews scanned/indexed paperwork and creates invoices necessary to bill customers.
- Retrieves individual orders and makes certain that all paperwork necessary for bill is present.
- Confirms all bills of lading signatures to ensure proof of delivery.
- Verifies additional pick-ups and stop-offs; confirms proof of delivery.
- Enters bills of lading, piece counts, and freight weights in computer.
- Verifies the appropriate fuel rates, dollar amounts, identification numbers, and confirmation numbers.
- Print invoices when finalized and completed.
- Enters missing documents on the computer.
- Utilizes the accessorial menu to input information needed to complete the invoice.
- Computes totals of document items.
- Conducts force billing on specific customers.
- Resolves discrepancies on scanned/indexed paperwork.
- Contacts customers/sales personnel via phone or e-mail to resolve billing issues.
- Monitors overall paperwork to ensure the invoice is the most accurate possible with the information given.
- Accounting Clerks may be required to occasionally work Sundays throughout the year.
- Work hours on Sunday may vary from two to eight hours, depending on the workload.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and at least two related experiences and/or training.
- Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; is able to read and interpret written information.
- Demonstrates attention to detail demonstrating accuracy and thoroughness.
- Prioritizes and completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Knowledge of accounting software, Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Internet Explorer, and AS400 software preferred.
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Only full-time employees are eligible.
“Where family, careers, and success come together!”