Border International is all things trucks. We know heavy-duty trucks, have the best selection of new and used work trucks, provide a high level of customer satisfaction for service, parts, and we are locally owned and operated.
Join the Border International family!!! Border International is hiring an Accountant in Las Cruces, NM!!
The Accountant applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by performing the following duties.
Key measures of success include:
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and research data; uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Demonstrates attention to detail, Identifying and solving problems promptly.
- Gather and analyze information and develop alternative solutions.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information and prepares entries to general ledger accounts.
- Executes general ledger closings.
- Performs Revenue and Expense analysis to determine trends, estimates, and significant changes.
- Audits contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepares reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to settlement.
- Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and Border International procedures.
- Reviews investigate and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Compiles and sorts documents, such as invoices and checks, substantiating business transactions.
- Verifies and posts details of business transactions, such as funds received and disbursed, and totals accounts.
- Maintain and update records and reports for profit and loss, taxes, liabilities, and assets.
- Prepare special financial reports as requested by management by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains a professional appearance and a neat work area.
- Assist the Accounting team as needed (Payroll, PTO, audits, etc.)
- Maintain satisfactory attendance.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A) in accounting from a four-year university.
- Knowledge in accounting software, Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
- Ability and willingness to keep maintain confidentiality.
- Familiarity with accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Knowledge of GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles in the U.S.) is a plus.
- Desire to continue to grow through continuous training.
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- Only full-time employees eligible.
*** Border International is always striving to improve and bring on exceptional and self-driven individuals! ***