Mesilla Valley Transportation began in 1982 as a small independent fleet in the Southwest. In the late ’80s, MVT went through a controlled growth spurt and began to encompass the 48 connected states and Canada.
Today, Mesilla Valley Transportation is one of the largest locally-owned Truck Load carriers in the U.S. We specialize in time-sensitive service between major manufacturing areas within the U.S., Canada, and Mexico borders.
Join the MVT Family!!! Mesilla Valley Transportation is hiring a Freight Analyst for our motor carrier terminal in El Paso, Texas. We look forward to hearing from you!
The Division Freight Analyst is responsible for booking loads to match the Division’s capacity in the most efficient manner.
Schedule: Monday - Friday / 6:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (Occasional Saturday)
- Maintains direct contact with members of the organization to coordinate and increase the efficiency of driver, truck and trailer assignments.
- Spot quote customer business in a way that maximizes company revenue and resource utilization.
- Balance divisional network a minimum of three days in advance.
- Maximize utilization by minimizing dwell under loads.
- Guide fleet team to make the best plan, the DFA does not plan loads themselves.
- Work with lane flow and customer commitments to match inbound/ outbound for the areas.
- Improve metrics for division and continuously improve:
- Increase OTD
- Minimize Deadhead
- Increase miles per day by truck
- Increase Revenue per month
- Maximize driving hours
- Minimize T-calls by creating good plans
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite.
- Basic knowledge of motor carrier operations and geography preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Only full-time employees are eligible.
“Where family, careers, and success come together!”